Wednesday, October 9, 2013


....and Liftoff!  On my way to Phnom Penh to volunteer for 7 weeks with the Cambodian Children's Fund...


And God bless all my friends and family who have had to listen to me talk about this for the last few months.  Bad news guys...I'm probably going to have a lot more to talk about!  and so it began...

Had a great sendoff at Albany Airport by Sanfra, Karen and Lene - it was a wonderful way to head off for this adventure.  Landed in LAX and was met by Margot and Jeff.  I had a great visit and even got to watch Jeff in his studio compose some music.  A new first for me - for someone who can't hold a tune watching the composer at work was awesome!

Got on the plane to head to Taipei before connecting to Phnom Penh.  Hello Kitty is all the rage apparently.  I think the pilots were holding their heads in shame as they boarded the plane bedecked with the Hello Kitty logo plastered on the jet's side.
And more Kittyfied objects...
The checkin counter and a hot pink tube of e-ticket machines.  
On the plane Kity was everywhere- even the toilet paper!  Who would want their logo on toilet paper???


Ah yes - a Miss Kitty Breastfeeding station - of course.  And don't forget the luggage tags...

Kitty emergency evacuation chart and Kitty apron's for flight attendants



Kitty pillows and eating utensils.  There were more things but I was getting nauseated!


No comments:

Post a Comment