Friday, November 1, 2013

"You weren't born a person of cringe and contraction.   You were born as energy, as life, made of the same stuff as stars, blossoms, breezes." ~ Annie Lamott

This was a quote posted on Facebook by my good friend Margot Page and it fits this heartwarming video.  He.  Is.  Adorable!


I was early to class and had some speakers with me which inspired Mr. Bustamove.  After he finished he took a look at me, as I was melting in the heat and ran and got a fan.  Three boys then got to work to plug it in and aim it directly at me.  I am in love with these kids.  They keep me after class asking for more English help and practicing what they know.  How will I leave?  That question is beginning to grow louder with each passing day.  I am meeting today with the Director of the Sponsorship Program.  Can't wait to find out more. 




2 comments:

  1. I have just caught up with your blog posts Patti . . . . sooooo inspirational! In fact - as Maddie leaves for a 5 day camping trip with the BBA MT Campus tomorrow morning - i have printed out your entire blog for her to take with her to read on her 2 day solo trip (along with the book Wild). The intention of the solo (2 nights and a day with only a tarp for shelter and only herself for company!) is to reflect on what she's learned and what the future holds for her. She wants to do a gap year involving volunteering in a 3rd world country - so how perfect for her to be inspired by this amazing journey you're on and the difference you're making. So proud to be your friend!

    Loree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Loree, This warms my heart. I hope Maddie has an incredible time on her solo trip! I so wish gap years were encouraged when I was graduating from high school. I think my life's path would have been very different. I'd love to talk with her if and whenever she'd like!

    ReplyDelete